This evening I went to Costco and, as always, was taken in by all the delicious fruit. I love fruit, and here are the five I love the most in no particular order, save raspberries being #1.
Raspberries - LOVE the perfect blend of tart and sweet. One can NEVER eat too many raspberries.
Peaches - The good juicy-just-picked kind from farmers' markets. When I was young, my parents had a peach tree that yielded the BEST tasting peaches ever. Though I've yet to taste their equal, I do enjoy a good peach. -Especially from a farmers' market.
Pomegranates - Worth the time and mess it takes to eat one. My friend JoAnne has two bushes in her backyard in St. George. Imagine that! Living in the cold north, it seems magical to actually be able to grow them in your yard! (I wonder if she got the seeds from someone named Jack?)
Watermelon - An early grocery store memory is of my mom teaching me how to pick a good watermelon by tapping on it and looking for insect stings. Most of the time, and thanks to her tutorage, I pick winners - crisp and sweet. I did tonight at Costco!
Limes - Coke with lime, Key Lime pie, lime in chicken tortilla soup, lime as a salad dressing, lime jello-fluff, lime daiquiris (virgin, of course), lime and chili powder on sweet potatoes... Need I say more?
Honorable mentions: Fuji persimmons - Juicy cantaloupe - Blackberries - Blueberries - Strawberries - Braeburn apples - Sweet pinapple - Chamwe (a Korean melon) - Juicy honeydew - Sweet cherries
All excellent choices. How about blueberries, huckleberries, and blackberries? I love all the berries.
ReplyDeleteFriday Five is a good idea; it can be about all kinds of things.
I commented on your last entry; you didn't approve it?
See you soon.
I love all kinds of fruit! Raspberries are one of my faves as well. Hmmm...I'm hungry!
ReplyDelete